BMB is excited to be a part of this years UAC Adoption Conference.
The Utah Adoption Council (UAC) offers a yearly conference for adoptive parents, birth parents and those who work in the field of adoption.
2014 theme: Perspectives on Adoption - Fears and Myths.
This year there will be more workshops for and by birth parents, such as:
- Stereotypes and the Media
- Dealing with Disappointment after Placement
- Defending Your Decision (which I will be teaching)
There will be workshops that cover:
- Raising Teenagers
- Raising Children who Exposed to Drugs and Alcohol, prior to their birth
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
There will be help for professional:
- How to Conduct a Home Study
- Ethical Considerations for Post Placement Agreements
There are a lot of workshops, so please click here to see all the workshop descriptions and the outstanding people who will be presenting.
Utah Adoption Council members welcome you to come enjoy and learn as they continue on the intricate journey of adoption.